Wednesday, May 27, 2015

First Day


Marin is a great place to get acquainted with a bicycle. For most of my ride leaving Marin I was on designated bicycle paths. Here is a picture from the Golden Gate Bridge leaving Marin



Riding in SF is much different. I had to learn quickly how to be traffic, a bicycle amongst motor powered vehicles. I knew I could do it because two weeks ago I rode around SF Bay for a test.




And here is San Mateo county, in a small town near the SF Airport. This first day of my ride I traveled 41 miles in 7:45 hours that included 1,300 feet of climbing. 
I spent the night with a friend from my childhood. 50 years ago he had a 39' Indian Motorcycle. It had a half rear wheel fender that included the license plate holder and rear tail light. One evening we rode that thing to San Jose and back, I on the license plate holder. My butt hurt for weeks after that. Spending 7:45 hours on a bike seat, in the saddle as it is called, reminded me of that ride.









No comments:

Post a Comment