Saturday, August 1, 2015

August 1 Monday I Will Be In Missouri


Today was a day of milestones. Since leaving San Rafael I have ridden over 2000 miles and have climbed over 44,000 feet. Additionally there have been more than 3,200 page views of this blog.


This eastern part of Kansas has very shallow top soil. I was told today that it’s no more than 8 to 12 inches. You can see the weathered rock layers in these photos. 





The brother-in-law of Lizard Lips Cafe and Country Store about 12 miles west of Yates Center told me about the soil and gave me a small toy lizard that they give to all bicyclists that come through this area. That includes the Race Across America event and other organized rides.  A photo of the lizard will have to wait until tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment