Friday, August 21, 2015

August 21 Plainfield IN

Across the street from my motel tonight



Where I learned what a Whitecastle burger tastes like after nearly 50 years. I first heard about these mini burgers when I started college, they were eaten after a Friday night’s exploits and before you went home to your parents. On the west coast we had Taco Bell for this purpose. 

Plainfield is also the place that my rear tire was finally fixed. I met a group of bicyclists at the eastern head of the National Road Heritage Trail while leaving Terre Haute. They asked about my ride and then told me about Gear Up Cyclery in Plainfield when I asked them about my recurring flat tire. I had not planned on riding that far yesterday, just about 60 miles. By noon I had reached my general destination so I decided to carry on to Plainfield. Even a highway patrolman recommended to Gear Up to me. 

Bicyclists along the way were speculating that a spoke was causing the problem. I was thinking that maybe a small piece of steel belted tire webbing was the issue. It turned out to be a piece of street sweeper bristle.
2,700 miles from home

No comments:

Post a Comment