Wednesday, August 5, 2015

August 5 Waiting for the Storm in Butler MO


Well there are some like this farmer, but there also some very friendly folks, sometimes residing in the same person.


The weather report predicts heavy thunderstorm, rain and hail for later this morning. Most of my life I have ignored rain reports and gone about my business then dealt with the rain when it came. There are not many places along my next route to hide out so I am just sitting here in a motel room waiting. Maybe later today, the storm is predicted to be only a couple of hours, I can ride a little bit closer to Clinton MO. There is the beginning of the Katy Trail, a rails to trails path that connects Clinton and St Louis.  The name Katy comes from a contraction of MKT, the Missouri Kansas Texas Rail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment