Saturday, July 11, 2015

July 11 An extra day in Gallup, New Mexico



First I offered to take their picture, with their camera, when I told them what I was about they wanted my picture. 

Here's where I met them


I have ridden over 180 miles the last four days and nearly 2950 feet up. I was hoping to ride 30 miles per day but places to stay the night are farther apart than that. I will spend another night in Gallup and try to write about folks I have met, post photos, and say something germane regarding the world today and my mission. Our escalating tensions with Russia, the competitive trade alliances that are developing, and generally the world not addressing climate change with sufficient energy are all troubling.

There are many such Native American artifact stores in this part of the country. This one is just on the AZ side of the border with NM. Most use the name Indian Center rather than Native American.

No comments:

Post a Comment