Sunday, July 12, 2015

July 12 Ulysses S Grant by Himself and Continental Divide, NM

Missing family and friends that sent me off nearly 2 months ago, I am 3 days from Albuquerque.
Today I am off to the Top of the World Motel on Route 66 in Continental Divide, NM.

It was raining so hard this day that the camera barley worked.

I met this fellow, Curt Fields, at the Petrified Forest National Park. It was on my ride from Holbrook to Chambers, pouring rain the whole day.  We had a short conversation in the parking lot about bicycling and one thing led to another. I told him of my mission and he of his, here is his website < www. generalgrantbyhimself(dot)com >. You can fix the link. Oddly enough, I have met two folks who are really into Grant since I started riding the bike. The first was in Corte Madera on a training run.





No comments:

Post a Comment