Sunday, July 19, 2015

July 19 An Appeal From a Third of the Way Across the USA

What I am asking for is a one or two sentence of introduction.
When I left Marin I was not certain that I would be able to ride all the way across the country. Now I have less than 2000 miles to go. 

Miles gone: 1652  Heights Climbed : 39305 includes SF to LA

Miles to go: 1943 Heights to Climb  : 21496


Eighty miles of open country
I like to watch the PBS News Hour, especially their conversations with guests. One of the maps in the studio backdrop I especially love is of the USA showing points of light denoting population density. I am now in that part of the country that has very few lights. That is why I need to ride crazy distances like 60 or even 80 miles in a day. 

On my way to Albuquerque I got lost and ended up in Las Lunas about 25 miles to the south where I spent the night. The next day’s ride was short and I had plenty of time and energy to meet folks, besides I had prearranged to meet some folks from the Peace Center. Out of that connection I have arranged for a friend to send press releases to future destinations. I am hopping that these notices to the local press, activists groups, and church organizations will give me an occasional opportunity to meet like minded folks after my daily ride.

I am now asking you my friends from the various organizations that I have worked with if they might provide me with a statement I can post showing some hometown support.

... with log highways
Peace
From a Crazed Ancient Hippie on a Quixotic Journey

60 miles to Tucumcari today

No comments:

Post a Comment