Wednesday, July 15, 2015

July 15 25 miles to a big city


Today I am excited that I will be able to have an extended conversation.  I will get to meet Malene, my Facebook friend, in person. We are both planning to go to the Albuquerque Peace and Justice Center. I heard about the ABQ-P&JC while bicycling in Gallup. I came upon the food coop store and went on in. For years I worked/volunteered at various neighborhood food coops in San Francisco. These stores, the Food System as I and others called them collectively, were great community organizing vehicles. They were natural food stores when that term had some meaning, and were volunteer run. I learned working in them that Viet Nam was not the only place on this earth where people needed help from supporters in the US. South Africa, Rhodesia, Nicaragua, El Salvador, the list goes on. 


Time to Ride

No comments:

Post a Comment