Sunday, June 14, 2015

Day 21 June 14

Tomorrow I set out from LA towards the Atlantic. I am starting from LA because the family is celebrating, a reunion and gathering of new friends. Five of us will be bicycling to the Pasadena Flea Market today. This will be my first ride with others. Their average age is half of mine. 25 miles and almost 900 of climbing. 

But I still am concerned that my preparations are not complete so I will turn around and head back to my motel and take my final readiness steps. Clean the chain, adjust the brakes, re-attach the lock holder, and just a once over inspection. Do the laundry and pack my bags for a very long trip.


I have charted my stops along the way to Albuquerque, which I will post this afternoon. I take many more miles to avoid places I would love to see, like Flagstaff and Sedona which are 7,000 feet of climbing. I have the route down to only a few days that require over 1,000 feet of up, and just a few that do not have habitation forty miles from a days starting point.

No comments:

Post a Comment