Friday, June 5, 2015

Day Twelve

Today was 35 miles of hills, 1495 up, in 5:15 hours.
I stopped riding in Isla Vista, and eat at the salad bar of Rusty’s Pizza. We are spending the night in Ventura, so I will need a ride back to Isla Vista tomorrow morning. the AIDS LifeCycle riders are a hearty bunch and rode 85 miles over very similar terrain.

I learned an interesting thing today. I gave up before my legs did. I was so upset about my slow pace today that I rode up hill in the next to highest gear screaming at myself for going slowly. That worked for about a mile. I wanted to take tomorrow off but will finish the trip to Ventura instead about 40 miles.

When I get back from dinner I will try to write some of today's thoughts on climate change and its manifestations in California.

No comments:

Post a Comment