Saturday, June 20, 2015

I am going to give due regard to the heat advisory for the next few days

I will take tomorrow off, but will still do a 26 mile round trip from Indio to Mecca. That’s the route I will be taking when I head towards Blythe. Indio, Mecca, Chiriaco Summit, Desert Center, then Bltythe. This ride will take at least 2 days and I might have my first opportunity to use my tent, sleeping bag and solar power lantern. Chiriaco Summit is the home of General Patton’s tank museum. It is a 1,926 foot climb from Mecca to the museum and 25 miles. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Dan,
    Glad ur riding early & repecting the desert heat, better to b a little late, then sorry. So glad that the locals are so kind!! Keep it up, ur doing an awesome thing. 😎 love u!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think u shld send those pics to the Govenor's office, it is unbelievable to see the waste! Especially when most have let their yards die or are saving shower h20 to water them!!

    ReplyDelete