Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Day Ten

Yesterday I learned the meaning of quads, the leg mussels used to climb hills. I do a lot of stretching on this trip. Forward folds and backward bends. And to the instructors at Yoga Garden of San Anselmo I have even done the Cat-Cow bends while riding down the rode at 10 miles per hour.

Starting out at Flanders Bicycle shop in San Luis Obispo, John was very helpful with directions to a bike route to Santa Maria. WiFi connections are intermittent at best. I need a connection every morning to find my way and one in the evening to book the next day's room. Once in LA I will get an app, RideWithGPS .com. Yesterday in Atascadero I stopped at a bicycle shop, K-Man Bicycle and Run, and Steven helped me find my way over the mountain using RideWithGPS. He and his wife, Brittany, rode across the country for her cause -CyclingforWater .com using the southern route. I will definitely check that out. I have just taken a quick look at their site, but it looks like a great effort for a very worthy cause.

Today was slow riding, 30 miles/5:30 hours, touring mostly flat routes from SLO to Edna, Pismo Beach, Grover Beach, until Santa Maria. Zack at Trinity Cyclery in Grover Beach was very helpful with a map for the last bit of this ride. The AIDS Lifecycle ride caught up with me. They are some fantastic riders, covering in 4 days what took me ten. Today they rode from Paso Robles to Santa Maria almost 90 miles on a route that included the Evil Twins. I made sure not to go that way and took two days. Tomorrow Slovang.

2 comments:

  1. Dan, you are a fantastic rider! You are doing great. No comparison is necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to what Ruth said! We miss you at The Yoga Garden and send you love and continued wishes for a safe journey, Dan.

    ReplyDelete