Thursday, June 11, 2015

Days 15 & 16 Rides

I had some issues finding a room and had to change from one motel to another. That’s taken care of for now, but it impacted my ride on Monday June 8. I made the mistake of setting off on a late in the day ride. The day was hot, in the high 90’s, and that I had not ridden the two prior days. I could only manage 10 miles for training. I rode to the LA Bicycle Kitchen or Bici Cocina. This is a very busy urban store with lots of bikers and it looked to me one overworked bike doctor. I pumped some air into my tires and headed out. I found a grassy spot in a nearby park and rested until it cooled down some.


Tuesday June 9 I corrected all of those conditions. I started early- on the bike at 6:30, I rode yesterday, and the weather is wet and in the 60’s. I headed off to Santa Monica which would have been a 20 mile ride if I hadn’t detoured to Hollywood and Vine and to the Sunset Strip.


I put my bicycle in the Pacific today. 



Here is my bicycle on the Santa Monica Pier well into the Pacific Ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment