Wednesday, June 24, 2015

June 24 Too Hot To Trott On I-10

Highway Interstate 10 is way too hot for me to continue this route. Today it was well over 110 in Blythe this afternoon. I will be heading towards Sedona, AZ via Hwy 60, 71, 89 where the temperatures are much less. The tradeoff is that the climbs will be high. That being said I did ride into Arizona today, 30 feet on to the bridge that spans the Colorado river. My ride started out looking for electrolyte supplements and then for Chinese food. I found the first but not the second. So I kept going for a total of 4 miles on to the bridge. When I got back to the west side of Blythe I found culinary preference across the street.



As of today, the 29th since I left Marin, I have logged just over 800 miles, some of them just keeping in shape miles while I figured out where to go. Also Bicycling for Peace and Environmental Justice has over 1,500 page views. 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday 3 days late. Take your time so you don't over extend yourself. This will be a trip you will relish for years to come.
    Joe

    ReplyDelete